Fabric, a material so often taken for granted, makes a fascinating
study for early-childhood students. In the Fabric
Module students are introduced to a wide variety
of fabrics in a systematic way, so that they become familiar
with fabrics’ properties, discover what happens when
they are tested, and discover how they interact with other
materials, including water.
FOSS EXPECTS STUDENTS TO
- Develop a growing curiosity and interest in the physical
world around them.
- Observe and describe the properties of different fabrics.
- Compare different fabrics to discover how they are alike
and how they are different.
- Observe interactions of fabric with water and other substances.
- Communicate observations.
- Acquire the vocabulary associated with the properties