Frequently Asked Questions About Using This Website
Current Support Topics as of September 2, 2004
- Browser setup. LHS/FOSS is viewable on Macintosh computers with Netscape 4.7x, and 6.2 or later, Safari 1.0 or later, and Internet Explorer (IE) 5.1 and 5.2. It is viewable on PCs using Netscape 4.7x, and 6.2 or later, and on IE 5.0 or later. LHS/FOSS was optimized for IE and is therefore best viewed using this browser. We recommend using the latest version of any of these browsers.
For the latest version of IE for Macintosh, go to
For the latest version of IE for PC, go to
For the latest version of Netscape for Macintosh or PC,
For the latest version of Safari for Macintosh, go to
- Moving between LHS/FOSS and FOSSweb. There
are several links from LHS/FOSS that take you to files within
For browser setup information for FOSSweb, check
- Fonts. You can change the display for many of the pages on LHS/FOSS by changing which fonts your browser uses. Macintosh IE users can change both the font and size by going into the Fonts section of your browser preferences.
PC IE users will find this setting under Internet Options.
- PDF files. Many files on LHS/FOSS are available in portable
document format (pdfs). You need Acrobat Reader to download and view these files.
Acrobat Reader is free and can be downloaded from
If you have problems viewing the pdfs or get error messages, try
saving the file directly to your computer (option-click on Macs or right-click on PCs or click and hold on the link until download options appear) and then opening the file from
- Where Do I Find? Use the sidebar menu at http://lhsfoss.org
to identify the general topics included at this website. A site
map for LHS/FOSS is located at http://lhsfoss.org/map.html.
For Frequently Asked Questions about the FOSS Program, connect
to http://lhsfoss.org/faq.html. For further
information about FOSS, especially for FOSS users, connect to
- Submitting materials to LHS/FOSS. We welcome user submissions,
particularly for the FOSS newsletter.
To submit something, please contact FOSS using one of our
- Questions. If you are having trouble using
LHS/FOSS, please contact FOSS using one of our